Panyard Jumbie Jam Caribbean Steel Pan Book - Comprehensive Teacher's Guide
Everything you need to implement a Jumbie Jam classroom curriculum.
A comprehensive classroom curriculum book that guides educators in how to teach Jumbie Jam Steel Pans. Takes teachers and students step by step from basic to first performance in just 10 lessons! Complete with teacher’s notes, preparation advice, warm-ups, lesson plans and six tunes, plus online video support providing practical demonstrations of the techniques and pieces covered in the Guide.
Chapters include: Introduction, History and Context, JJ Basic Playing Techniques, Elements of Music, Warm-Up and Practice Exercises, Three Part Arrangements adding Percussion and other Instruments, Lesson Plans -Ten Weekly Lessons and Creating a Performance with Six Tunes.
About the Author – Andy Gleadhill has over thirty years’ experience as a professional musician and teacher. As a teacher and teacher trainer he has worked in all areas of music education, from early years and special educational needs settings to post graduate work at universities and music conservatories.
- Everything you need to implement a Jumbie Jam curriculum.
- Comprehensive classroom curriculum book guiding educators in how to teach Jumbie Jam Steel Pans.
- 10 Lessons taking teacher and student from Basics to First Performance.
- Teacher’s notes, preparation advice, warm-ups, lesson plans and six tunes.
- Free Online video support providing practical demonstrations of the techniques and pieces covered in the Guide.
- All of the tunes and exercises in the book can be played on any Steel Pan instrument