Make an Offer
Trade & Save
Home / Shop / New Instruments / Guitars / Electric Guitars
Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster®, Scalloped Rosewood Fingerboard, Vintage White
FORMIDABLE SHRED STYLE
Still the foremost and most formidable practitioner of the genre, Yngwie Malmsteem practically invented neo-classical shred singlehandedly. The guitar he has always done it with is a Stratocaster, and for those who aspire to Malmsteen’s flamboyantly fleet-fingered style, the Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster is modeled after the Swedish metal virtuoso’s favorite Strat®, right down to its special pickups and scalloped fingerboard. A distinctively designed model for one of the world’s most distinctive Strat masters.
- Machine screw-mount maple neck with modern “C” profile and “bullet” truss rod
- 9.5″-radius scalloped maple or rosewood fingerboard with brass nut and 21 “super jumbo” frets
- Three Seymour Duncan® YJM Fury pickups with three-way switching
- “No-load” tone control for bridge and middle pickups
- Aged plastic control knobs, switch tip and pickup covers
- Vintage-style synchronized tremolo bridge
A big part of Malmsteens dazzling neo-classical technique is enabled by scalloped fingerboard on which the fingers make contact only with the strings and not with the wood of the fingerboard itself. This allows a lighter touch, greater speed and improved grip on the strings, facilitating effortless string bending, pull offs and tapping technique.
SEYMOUR DUNCAN® YJM FURY PICKUPS
The Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster is armed with three specially voiced Seymour Duncan® YJM single-coil-size hum-canceling pickups ideal for rock, neo-classical, shred, hard rock and metal.
SUPER JUMBO FRETS
When these taller, wider frets are combined with the scalloped fingerboard of the Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster, bending notes becomes an entirely different and phenomenal experience.
NITROCELLULOSE LACQUER NECK FINISH
This thin finish on the back of the neck lets the wood breather with greater resonance, further contributing to the remarkable tone of Malmsteens signature Strat.
THREE-WAY PICKUP SWITCH
The Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster features old-school three-way pickup switching, giving you the bridge pickup alone, the middle pickup alone and the neck pickup alone.
Among its many high-performance features, the fingerboard of this instrument has a brass nut for enhanced sustain and brighter tone.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Polyurethane
- Body Shape: StratocasterÂ®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Modern “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Super Jumbo
- Nut Material: Brass
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Truss Rod: Bullet Style
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour DuncanÂ® YJM Furyâ„¢ StratÂ® STK-S10B
- Middle Pickup: Seymour DuncanÂ® YJM Furyâ„¢ StratÂ® STK-S10N
- Neck Pickup: Seymour DuncanÂ® YJM Furyâ„¢ StratÂ® STK-S10N
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. No-Load Tone Control (Middle and Bridge Pickups)
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Middle Pickup, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SSS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: FenderÂ® Vintage “F” Stamped
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
- Switch Tip: Aged White
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Vintage-Style
- Strings: FenderÂ® USA BulletsÂ® 3250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0733250403
- Other Features: Special Refined ’60’s Shape Neck, Machine Screw Neck Mounting Inserts, Bullet Truss Rod Nut, Scalloped Fingerboard, Flush Mounted DunlopÂ® StraplokÂ® System Strap Retainers, Modified Body Contours, Brass Nut, Large ’60s Styled Headstock, Jumbo Fretwire, Aged Pickup Covers, Aged Plastic Parts
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage Tweed Case
- Included Accessories: Vintage Tweed Case, Yngwie Malmsteen Strap, Cable