Home / Shop / New Instruments / Guitars / Electric Guitars
Fender Player Mustang®, Pau Ferro Fingerboard, Firemist Gold
CLASSIC STYLE, MODERN FEATURES
Since 1964 the Mustang model has been bringing Fender sound and style to the stage and the studio in the hands of trend-setting players ranging from Nirvana to The 1975. Upgraded with performance-oriented features, this new Mustang sports classic style with modern electronics in an ultra-comfortable short-scale form that’s easy to play all night long.
- 24” scale length; “C”-shaped maple neck
- Two Mustang single-coil pickups
- 9.5”-radius maple fingerboard with 22 medium jumbo frets
- Six-saddle string-through-body hardtail Strat® bridge with bent steel saddles
- Master Volume and Tone controls; three-way pickup switch
PLAYER SERIES PICKUPS
Designed for authentic Fender tone—with a bit of an edge—our Player Series pickups are crisp and articulate, a modern tweak of our classic sound.
C NECK SHAPE WITH 9.5″ RADIUS AND MEDIUM JUMBO FRETS
Our “C” neck is comfortable and slim for fast action and effortless bending.
HARDTAIL STRING-THROUGH-BODY BRIDGE
A hardtail bridge enhances vibration transfer resulting in increased sustain while the six individual saddles can be adjusted for precise intonation along each string.
“F”-STAMPED NECK PLATE
Each Player Mustang includes an “F”-stamped neck plate, leaving no doubt as to the instrument’s pedigree.
Adding another fret lets you bend the highest D up to an E, giving you access to four octaves of musical possibilities.
MORE TRADITIONAL BODY RADII
The Player Mustang body is hand-shaped to original specifications.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Mustang®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: “C” Shape
- Scale Length: 24″ (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Bridge Pickup: Mustang® Single-Coil
- Neck Pickup: Mustang® Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Strings-Through-Body Strat® Hardtail with Bent Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Standard Cast/Sealed
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag: Optional Gig Bag (p/n 099-1513-206)
- Included Accessories: None
- Recommended Case: 099-1513-106 Urban Short Scale Guitar Gig