Make an Offer
Trade & Save
Home / Shop / New Instruments / Guitars / Electric Guitars
Fender Jim Root Stratocaster®, Ebony Fingerboard, Flat Black
CRUSHING STRAT® TONE
For heavy, molten nu-metal Strat® style, the Jim Root Stratocaster delivers crushing detuned tone with a stark utilitarian look. The towering Slipknot guitarist joined us in creating a huge-sounding signature Strat model that complements his heavy playing style, and it’s a monster right down to its compound-radius fingerboard (12″ to 16″), EMG® active humbucking pickups, sparse control layout and more. Brutal.
- Mahogany body with sharp radius
- Modern C-shaped neck profile and large headstock
- Ebony or maple compound-radius fingerboard (12 to 16) with 22 jumbo frets and no position inlays (side-dot inlays only)
- EMG® 60 (neck) and 81 (bridge) active humbucking pickups
- Single control knob (volume) and three-way pickup switch
- Hardtail strings-thru-body bridge
EMG® ACTIVE HUMBUCKING PICKUPS
For a decidedly non-traditional design and configuration, the crushing nu-metal sound of the Jim Root Stratocaster is produced by a fearsome pair of EMG® active humbucking pickups.
This instrument features a compound-radius fingerboard, a sophisticated and carefully crafted feature in which the fingerboard has a more pronounced curvature across its width near the nut (ideal for chording) and gradually flattens to a very slight curvature toward the upper frets (perfect for bending notes and soloing).
A convenient high-end, high-performance feature, locking tuners offer increased tuning stability, especially on tremolo-equipped guitars, and they make changing strings substantially faster and easier than conventional tuners.
EBONY AND MAPLE FINGERBOARDS
The Jim Root Stratocaster in Flat White features a traditional maple fingerboard with no inlays. The Flat Black model has a darkly alluring ebony fingerboard with no inlays.
SATIN LACQUER FINISH
The finish on this instrument combines the resonance and thin breathability of lacquer with the stylishly muted matte look of a satin color coat.
The largest of the fret sizes, jumbo frets are tall and wide, which lets you get a better grip on the strings, enabling more control over them and making bends and vibrato easier. A good choice for players with larger hands and thicker fingers.
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Body Shape: StratocasterÂ®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck Shape: Modern “C”
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony
- Fingerboard Radius: 12″ to 16″ Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: None
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flexâ„¢
- Bridge Pickup: EMGÂ® 81
- Neck Pickup: EMGÂ® 60
- Controls: Master Volume
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: HH
- Bridge: 6-Saddle String-Through-Body Hardtail With Block Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Black
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Locking
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Custom
- Strings: FenderÂ® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Other Features: Mahogany Body, Sharp TeleÂ® Body Radius, Large Headstock, Active EMG Pickups, Ebony or Maple Fingerboard with 12â€ to 16â€ Compound Radius, Side Dot Position Inlays Only, Black Hardware, Black Plastic Parts, Black Pickguard Screws, Flat Finshes, FenderÂ® Straplock Strap Buttons
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Black Tweed Hardshell