Home / Shop / New Instruments / Guitars / Electric Basses
Fender American Ultra Precision Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Ultraburst
American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses for discerning players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance and tone. The American Ultra Precision Bass features a unique “Modern D” neck profile with Ultra rolled fingerboard edges for hours of playing comfort, and the tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets means effortless action, while the Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups and advanced wiring options provide endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional. This versatile, state-of-the-art instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights.
Other features include “F”-stamped lightweight vintage-paddle tuning machines with tapered shafts, chrome hardware and bone nut. Includes premium molded hardshell case.
- Alder or ash body
- One Ultra Noiseless Vintage split-coil P Bass® pickup; one Ultra Noiseless Vintage single-coil Jazz Bass pickup
- “Modern D”-shaped neck profile
- 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard; 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Includes premium molded hardshell case
MODERN “D” NECK
Slim with wide shoulders, the “Modern D” neck profile works for any style of playing. Ultra rolled fingerboard edges and a silky, smooth Ultra satin finish make the neck effortless to play.
Built for speed and easy bending, the 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard is rounded near the nut, becoming increasingly flatter as it nears the upper register.
ULTRA NOISELESS VINTAGE PICKUPS
The Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups feature true classic Fender tone without hum.
ENHANCED BODY CONTOURS
The tapered neck heel allows unparalleled access to the upper registers of the fingerboard, while the sculpted rear body contour is designed for comfort.
REDESIGNED ACTIVE/PASSIVE PREAMP
Redesigned for the Ultra Noiseless Vintage bass pickups, this 18 volt preamp features sweeter highs, focused mids and more usable bass. An active/passive mini switch allows you to change modes on the fly.
The HiMass bridge delivers rock-solid sustain, intonation and tuning stability.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Binding: None
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Binding: None
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern “D”
- Scale Length: 34″ (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 10″ to 14″ Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625″ (41.3 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot – 7mm
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Precision Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Switching: None
- Configuration: PJ
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ (Toploaded)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® “F” Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case (Included)