Home / Shop / New Instruments / Guitars / Electric Basses
Fender American Ultra Jazz Bass®, Maple Fingerboard, Cobra Blue
American Ultra is our most advanced series of guitars and basses for discerning players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance and tone. The American Ultra Jazz Bass features a unique “Modern D” neck profile for hours of playing comfort, and the tapered neck heel allows easy access to the highest register. A speedy 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets means effortless action, while the Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups and redesigned preamp provide endless tonal possibilities – without hum. The sculpted rear body contours are as beautiful as they are functional. This versatile, state-of-the-art instrument will inspire you to push your playing to new heights.
Other features include “F”-stamped lightweight vintage-paddle tuning machines with tapered shafts, chrome hardware and bone nut. Includes premium molded hardshell case.
- Alder or ash body with sculpted rear contours
- “Modern D”-shaped neck with Ultra satin finish
- Bound 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard; 21 medium-jumbo frets
- Two Noiseless Vintage Jazz Bass pickups
- Redesigned active/passive preamp
MODERN “D” NECK
Slim with wide shoulders, the “Modern D” neck profile works for any musical style and a silky, smooth Ultra satin finish makes the neck effortless to play.
Built for speed and easy bending, the 10”-14” compound-radius fingerboard is rounded near the nut, becoming increasingly flatter as it nears the upper register.
ULTRA NOISELESS VINTAGE PICKUPS
The Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage pickups feature true classic Fender tone without hum.
ENHANCED BODY CONTOURS
The tapered neck heel allows unparalleled access to the upper registers of the fingerboard, while the sculpted rear body contour is designed for comfort.
RE-DESIGNED ACTIVE/PASSIVE PREAMP
Redesigned for Ultra Noiseless bass pickups, this preamp features sweeter highs, focused mids and more usable bass
The HiMass bridge delivers rock-solid sustain, intonation and tuning stability.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Jazz Bass®
- Body Binding: None
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Binding: Black
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Shape: Modern “D”
- Scale Length: 34″ (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 10″ to 14″ Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5″ (38.1 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Blocks
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Middle Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Switching: None
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ (Toploaded)
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender® “F” Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Gold Anodized Aluminum
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® 7250M Nickel Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, (.045-.105 Gauges), PN 0737250406
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag: Elite Molded Case (Included)