Home / Shop / New Instruments / Guitars / Electric Guitars
Fender American Original 60s Telecaster® Thinline, Maple Fingerboard, Aged Natural
Beloved by country players and indie rockers alike for its semi-hollow warmth, rounder twang and elegant appearance, the Telecaster® Thinline is a classic in its own right within the venerable Telecaster lineup. The American Original ’60s Telecaster Thinline recreates this sophisticated six-string with tastefully modernised playability.
Tim Shaw designed ’60s Telecaster Thinline pickups deliver authentic late sixties Tele tones, while the 21 Vintage Tall frets and a 9.5” radius contribute to comfortable playability. Other touches include original-era body radii, vintage-style hardware – including F logo tuners, vintage-style hardshell case and a lacquer finish that lets the wood breathe naturally with resonant tone, and wears in a distinctively appealing way.
The lightweight semi-hollow ash body is comfortable for extended gigging and adds a warmth and resonance unique to Telecaster Thinline models.
The nitrocellulose lacquer finish not only lets the body breathe with its true tonal character, it also ages and wears in a distinctively personal way.
TIM SHAW DESIGNED 60S THINLINE PICKUPS
American Original instruments feature specially voiced pickups crafted to reproduce the authentic sound and performance of individual model years.
“MEDIUM C” NECK SHAPE
Remarkably comfortable, the “Medium C”-shaped neck profile is sculpted for a period-correct playing feel that’s comfortable for all players.
VINTAGE-ACCURATE BODY RADII AND NECK PROFILE
Original-era fans can rest assured every curve and line of the body and neck are accurate to the historic originals.
FINGERBOARD & FRETS
This 9.5”-radius fingerboard is slightly flatter than a vintage-style 7.25” radius, providing a comfortable fret-hand feel. Vintage-tall frets make it easier to bend notes without fretting out.
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Scale Length: 25.5″ (648 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5″ (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Size: Vintage Tall
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650″ (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: 3-Saddle Vintage-Style Tele® with Slotted Steel Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage ’70s with Fender® Logo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt Serialized with “F” Logo
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Legal Notice: WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Hardshell