Deering Ivanhoe™ 5-String Banjo w/ Spikes
- Customer Reviews (0)
We reserve the most highly figured walnut for the neck and rare pieces of exotic burl walnut veneer for the resonator. The beautiful burl veneer on the resonator is the same veneer as used on the inside of a Rolls Royce. The inside walls of the resonator are carved for loud and clear projection of the wonderful tone.
The Ivanhoe is a beautiful gold plated & engraved slender and fast playing banjo with a quick response that is perfect for melodic playing with a sweet yet bright tone that projects well and enhances all musical styles. Versatile and comfortable, the Ivanhoe is a favorite amongst performers who like the fast Deering neck shape and smaller sound chamber.
You’ll find superb craftsmanship in every aspect of the Ivanhoe, from the triple bound peg-head to the hand-carved heel and the superbly engraved gold plated metal parts. It has an intricately pierced armrest accented with elegant floral engraving. It is a work of art that will be treasured for generations to come. With the exceptional tone, quality and feel of the neck it’s more than just a show piece, it’s a banjo player’s dream come true.
• An Elegant Neck of our Highest Grade English Walnut
• Intricate Inlays of Abalone and Mother of Pearl
• Triple Bound Peghead
• High Grade Ebony Fingerboard
• Slender Deering Neck Shape
• Bone Nut
• Adjustable Truss Rod
• Hand Set Abalone Trim along the Ivoroid Binding
• Beautifully Hand Carved Heel
• 22 Glued In Nickel Silver Frets
• Deering Planetary Tuners
• Mother of Pearl Tuning Buttons
• Deering Geared 5th String Tuner
• Deering -06- 20 Hole Bell Bronze Tone Ring
• Premium Violin Grade 3-ply Maple Rim
• Brass Notched Engraved Tension Hoop
• 11″ Top Frosted Medium Crown Head
• 5/8″ Maple/Ebony Bridge
• 24 Round Hooks and ¼″ Hex Nuts
• Zinc Flange Engraved and Gold Plated
• Premium Hand Engraving
• Deering True Tone Tailpiece
• Highly Detailed Pierced & Engraved Work on the Engraved Armrest
• 24 Karat Gold Plating on All Hardware
• Rare & Exotic Burl Walnut
• Hand Set Abalone Shell with Ivoroid Trim
• Polished High Gloss Finish
• The Resonator Sides Are Specially Tapered on the Inside For Projection of Tone
Tone: With the exceptionally brilliant tone, quality and playability it’s more than just a show piece, it’s a banjo player’s dream come true.
• Neck Width at the Nut 1 1/4″
• Scale Length Nut to Bridge 26 1/4″
• Resonator Diameter 13 7/8″
• Overall Instrument Length 38″
• Weight Approx. 11 lbs
Includes a Deering Hardshell
The trust and pride we share in our product gives us the confidence to grant every owner of a Deering banjo a Lifetime Warranty ensuring the quality of our materials and workmanship.